Hope For Sydney: 2 Part-time Co-Executive Directors
Hope For Sydney is a Christian organisation that has worked on a vision to change the culture of volunteering in Sydney. Over the last decades, Sydney has seen a rise in wage disparity, the aging population, as well as immigration of forced migrants. This has coincided with a decline in overall charitable volunteering.
The Co-Executive Director positions replace the current Executive Director, and are unique opportunities to change how Christians respond to people in need in Sydney through demonstrating mercy with their church communities – and to do so thoughtfully, with a message of hope, and demonstrations of persistent generosity.
The next leaders of Hope For Sydney have the task of driving this important vision, and to do so with humility and with a mission mindset amidst a grassroots environment. They are tasked to increase the number of Christians volunteering to serve and care for Sydney’s poor and disadvantaged.
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. – Matthew 9:13
Both positions are to be held by Christians with mature, gospel-centred faith. Each Co-Executive Director has complete authority over his/her responsibilities. Both are jointly responsible for driving the vision and the work of Hope For Sydney. Candidates should be goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, missional, and collaborative.
Both positions require the ability to raise their own funds.
The Executive Director of Communication & Relationships should be extroverted, enjoy making new connections and maintaining relationships, and have good public speaking and engagement skills.
The Executive Director of Strategy, Operations & Programs should be pragmatic, and good at problem-solving and strategic thinking.
Joint applications are welcome.
1) Executive Director of Communication & Relationships, responsibilities cover:
- Public communication: speaking engagements, written content, social media, newsletters, prayer letters.
- Building relationships with churches; charities and other organisations; volunteer groups and leaders
- Media content development: videos, podcasts, photos, publicity material, and other publicly distributed content
- Maximising volunteer engagement
- Donor development and engagement; maintaining the donor database
- Fundraising: grant applications, campaigns, appeals
- Preference will be given to those who have demonstrated ability to cultivate individual donors and success with grant applications.
2) Executive Director of Strategy & Operations, responsibilities cover:
- Organisation development: growth strategies; efficiency; sustainability
- Assessing, initiating, and maintaining suitable volunteer projects
- Identifying strategic partnerships and collaborative opportunities with other organisations
- All operations: facilities and overhead; budgeting and expenses; finance/accounting oversight; worker safety/compliance; legal compliance; insurance coverage for managers, directors, volunteers
- Web site and other technological development, including relevant online tools
- Research: societal, charity, and volunteer trends; theological resources for mercy and justice; best volunteer and charity practices; best business practices; resource compilation and distribution; opportunities to augment HFS’s vision and work, etc.
- Preference will be given to those with demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and familiarity with local charity issues.
Note: Roll-out of hiring of both positions may be spread out over time, with one hire preceding the second by several months. In this case, preference will be given to the first Co-Executive Director position.
To apply please send your application (Cover Letter, CV) to: email@example.com
Learn more about Hope For Sydney: